20 Motivational Words to Lose Weight
Are you finding it very difficult to motivate yourself to lose weight? Do you need motivation to back you up whenever you get out of track? Motivating yourself is one key factor to losing weight very fast without anyone assistance.
Overweight or obese people starts a diet or some forms of exercise just to get rid of some pounds in their body but fail to stay motivated throughout the process and end up quitting along the way out of frustration. Only few carry on till they get their desired result.
Motivation is the driving force that keeps you going when you get tempted to quit. It can be very challenging because as we all know, losing weight is not an overnight event, some just want it to go fast so they can be happy hanging out with their slim friends. It doesn’t work like that which you already know.
Losing weight is all about sacrifice, you will surely hit the stage where you will think all your efforts are just a waste of your time. Motivation is never easy especially if you forget why you are doing it in the first place.
But, it is still the best way to lose weight.
But then again, have it in mind that if you add motivation into your weight loss program and still keep to old habits which could be the opposite of losing weight, then it is going to be harder for you to get your desired result.
You can’t do two opposite things and be expecting a positive result. You might be staying in a house that is causing you to overeat when you shouldn’t, or making you eat the kind of food you shouldn’t be eating. You must stay discipline and be ready to sacrifice pleasure to get what you want.
Why do You Need Motivation to Lose Weight?
Sometimes the reason why you may not be losing weight might not have anything to do with your diet or not exercising. At least not directly. Naturally, some people do not feel motivated to lose weight, and there is no better motivation than self-motivation.
One reason why most people fail to lose weight is because their motivation to lose weight is not strong enough in the first place. Their MINDSET is what is getting in the way.
Now, when you really think about losing weight and the process that it entails, does any of these thoughts come into your mind?
- I don’t like to exercise because I quickly get tired
- I love sweet foods.
- I don’t think I can stick to it.
- I don’t have the time.
- It is too stressful.
If you can say yes to any of these thoughts (maybe all), I am sorry, ‘you are not ready to lose weight and you really need to work on yourself’.
Your mindset is what is holding you back. The only thing that can help you in this stage is finding your true motivation to lose weight. Once you get this fix, I believe the rest will fall into place.
There must be something that should motivate you into why you should work on your weight. It should not be only to get slim. Something stronger than that should be in your mind.
What should that be?
Your motivation can be;
- To attract your true love
- To avoid ill health or obesity
- To be able to run with your kids during play times.
- To wear that sexy clothe you have always dreamed of wearing.
- To feel comfortable on the beach on your bikini etc.
If you really want to lose weight, being on a diet, taking pills and exercising to burn calories are just one side of the formula. What you really need is a motivated mindset. When you have a big motivation why you should lose weight, you surely will get the desired result.
20 Motivational Words to Lose Weight
Here are 20 motivational words for weight loss that can help you stay on track;
- “You didn’t gain all your weight in one day; you won’t lose it in one day. Be patient with yourself.” –Jenna Wolfe
- “I am not there yet but I am closer than I was yesterday.”
- “Ability is what you are capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” –Lou Holtz
- “If you don’t do what is best for your body, you are the one who comes up on the short end.”
- “Make time for it. Just get it done. Nobody ever get strong or got in shape by thinking about it. They did it.” –Jim Wendler
- “I am doing this for me.”
- “Age is not a barrier. It is a limitation you put on your mind.” –Jackie Joyner
- “Only I can change my life, no one can do it for me.”
- “Most people give up right before the big break comes—don’t let that person be you.” –Michael Boyle
- “Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to remain the same.”
- “I will reach my goal this year.”
- “I am not losing weight. I am getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again.”
- “Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach.” –Tony Robbins
- “If you are tired of starting over, stop giving up.”
- “It is not a diet, it is a lifestyle change.”
- “I will reach my weight goal this year.”
- “Dear stomach you are bored, not hungry. So, shut up.”
- “Most people fail, not because of lack of desire, but because of lack of commitment.” –Vince Lombardi
- “Someone busier than you is running right now.”
- “Your body hears everything your mind says. Keep going. You can!”
So, there you have it. Awesome 20 motivational words to lose weight that can keep you on track. Read and say these words whenever you feel down and see how it will get you back on track within minutes.