Chinese buckwheat tea is especially popular with lovers of proper nutrition. This tea is made from the seeds of a special type of buckwheat. We tell you all about its benefits for the body.
Buckwheat tea benefits
Tartar buckwheat (Fagopyrum tataricum) is an herbaceous plant of the buckwheat genus, biologically very similar to cultivated buckwheat. The plant is believed to be native to Tibet, the Himalayas, northern and western China, but is now widespread in Europe, Asia, the Far East, and even North America.
Tartar buckwheat seeds have a slightly bitter taste, but the inhabitants of the mountainous regions of Southeast Asia bake bread with them, and the leaves and shoots of the plant are used in the preparation of salads, soups, added to condiments and marinades.
Green buckwheat is also suitable for making tea, but it is less valued as it contains fewer nutrients.
Why should you try buckwheat tea?
Regular consumption of buckwheat tea will help restore immunity and prevent the development of many diseases, including relapses of chronic pathologies. This infusion will also help to shed extra pounds. The main thing is to know how to properly prepare and consume this infusion.
If you’ve never had this unusual drink before, you should definitely give it a try, there are several good reasons for this.
Properly brewed buckwheat tea has a very beautiful light yellow or dark yellow amber color, the drink also has high transparency.
During preparation, the smell of this infusion resembles both vanilla and roasted nuts, and after drinking it, it leaves an exquisite sweet-sour aftertaste and incomparable to honey.
Contains unique trace elements
Buckwheat tea is a very healthy drink with a rich composition. The drink contains rare elements: selenium, chromium, aluminum, as well as common chemical elements such as iron, fluorine, iodine, magnesium, chromium, silicon, copper.
Buckwheat tea is a vitamin drink
As in any healthy drink, vitamins are present here: buckwheat tea is a rich source of rutin (vitamin P), which strengthens the walls of blood vessels, regulates their elasticity, and also prevents the formation of blood clots. In addition, rutin has anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic effects. Among other vitamins, the drink contains vitamins of group B (B1, B2, and B6), vitamins C and E.
Biologically active substances
Buckwheat tea contains a fairly large amount of flavonoids, particularly quercetin, which has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
Contains high quality fiber
Buckwheat dough left after drinking tea can be used for eating. It is a source of plant protein and complete fiber, which helps lower cholesterol levels, thus reducing the risk of heart attacks, strokes and other diseases of the cardiovascular system.
Other benefits of buckwheat tea
- The body’s defenses are strengthened, the immune system will be able to independently resist viral and infectious diseases.
- Drinking the drink regularly significantly reduces the risk of cancer neoplasms, which is especially important for people with a genetic predisposition to cancer.
- The functioning of the digestive system is improving. Buckwheat tea is recommended to be consumed regularly by people with acute and chronic gastritis.
- It has a positive effect on the heart muscle and the vascular system.
- The blood glucose concentration normalizes.
- Reduces the amount of bad cholesterol.
- Relief of inflammatory processes in the body, regardless of its location.
- The presence of antisclerotic substances in the composition helps to strengthen large and small blood vessels, providing better blood clotting.
- The drink has a calming effect on the central nervous system, increasing the body’s resistance to stress.
- Cleanses blood vessels of toxic substances and toxins, dissolves cholesterol plaques. Due to this, blood pressure is normalized and excessive stress is removed from the heart.
- Improving metabolic processes, accelerating metabolism is one of the main factors that contributes to faster weight loss.
- Blood circulation in the brain is restored, which improves brain activity and mental abilities. Strokes are prevented.
- Excretion of excess fluid from the body quickly.
Buckwheat tea contains a large number of antioxidants that cleanse the body, which means that all life support systems will work harmoniously and general well-being will be significantly improved.