Turn dried or canned beans, lentils, and chickpeas into flavorful salads that will add a healthy boost to your salads and meals in general. Perfect year-round, these fiber-rich salads are a great way to incorporate legumes into your diet.
Legume salad with vinaigrette
Chickpeas are the perfect complement to any salad, enhancing it with their distinctive earthy flavor.
- 425 g of organic chickpeas.
- 425 g of organic red beans.
- 425 g of cannellini beans.
- 1 stalk of celery.
- ½ cup of celery leaves, to serve.
- 1 red onion.
- ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar.
- 1 tablespoon of mustard.
- 1 clove of minced garlic.
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- ⅓ Cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl or jar with a lid, place all of the dressing ingredients. Mix well, until the vinaigrette is blended. If you are using a jar with a lid, shake until well mixed.
- You can use more honey to sweeten it if you want.
- Then wash and drain all the chickpeas, kidney beans, and cannellini beans.
- Clean and cut the celery stalk into small pieces. Wash and cut the celery leaves into small pieces. Thinly slice the red onion and separate the slices.
- In a bowl add onion, celery, and beans. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir until well combined. Season if necessary.
Tip: To add protein, cut tofu into 1cm cubes and fry with olive oil spray until lightly golden. Let it cool and add it to the salad.
Turkish Bean and Dill Salad
Middle Eastern style peasant style bean salad and very tasty.
- 420g canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed.
- 420g canned beans, drained and rinsed.
- 1 small chopped onion.
- 6 eggs boiled and cut into cubes.
- 6 pickles, chopped.
- 1 green bell pepper diced.
- 1 Lebanese cucumber diced.
- 2 teaspoons of dried coriander.
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley.
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt to taste.
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper optional.
- 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Combine the beans in a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, finishing with the eggs, dill and parsley.
- Pour over the olive oil and season to taste.
- Marinate in the fridge for a few hours before serving to combine the flavor of the dill.
Country bean salad
- Lettuce (to taste).
- 1/2 onion (30-40 g).
- 1 pot of cooked beans (490 g).
- Salt, olive oil, black pepper, Modena vinegar (to taste).
- Wash, drain and chop the lettuce into thin strips.
- Place the beans in a colander and proceed to pass them under water to remove the preservative.
- Apart, cut the onion into half rings.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and, when it reaches its boiling point, add the onions and cook for a few minutes. The idea is that the onion is not too soft, so you must be careful.
- Once the onion rings have softened, remove them from the pot and run under cold water. The objective of this step is for the onion to lose a little acidity.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste and add a dash of olive oil and vinegar.
- Serve and enjoy your country legume salad.
We have a variety of ways to prepare a legume salad, you can add or remove ingredients, make it suitable for vegetarians, for those who want to add meat and more protein, in short, and it is a very delicious alternative to enjoy a healthy salad.