Sciatica is one of the most debilitating forms of pain that a person may suffer. Extreme discomfort in the lower back, hips, and thigh, especially outside the leg, are common symptoms.
Compression of the lower back and spinal nerve root is to blame. Invertebral disk degeneration is the most common cause. There’s nothing worse than experiencing numbness or pain in your feet, whether you’re an athlete or someone who spends most of their time on their feet.
In extreme cases, this stuff might keep you in bed with ibuprofen medications by your side for days. Try these natural remedies for sciatica/inflammation if you’ve had enough of accepting it as a fact of life and want to find some relief. Among them are some of the more popular ones:
- Acupuncture: Here, very fine needles are inserted into precise locations on the body to cure various ailments. This is supposed to increase the flow of energy and aid in the normal functioning of the nervous system. For sciatica treatment, acupuncture is more successful than conventional drugs.
- Ice Packs: You can use ice packs or frozen vegetable bags wrapped in a towel if you like. At least every two hours, apply this pack to the region that is in discomfort for at least twenty minutes. Sciatica pain and discomfort may be relieved virtually immediately with this method.
- Alternative Temperatures: A heat pack following an ice pack (or even a hot bath) may help circulation and lymph flow since the damaged nerve is so deep in your body. A move to heat decreases deeper inflammation and speeds healing.
- Herbs and Oils: Inflammation may be reduced by using turmeric and lavender essential oil, both of which have anti-inflammatory properties.
- The Appropriate Amount of Sleep: Getting enough sleep is essential for your overall health. This enables your body and nervous system to rest and mend themselves.
- Stretching: In order to control your sciatica, you need to stretch, even if it may be painful. Light yoga stretches may help increase circulation and mobility.
- Chiropractic adjustments: Improved mobility and reduced inflammation and discomfort may be achieved by chiropractic adjustments. Sciatica sufferers have found these treatments to be quite beneficial.