Today, if we want to ensure good health, we must look to foods that contain ingredients of excellent quality. The preparation of our food with less processed products is vital to preserve our health and / or prevent our ailments from accentuating, because currently, many of the ingredients contained in any dish are processed. The following delicious recipe for a vegan pumpkin ice cream is a great example that even you can make your own ice cream at home and of the best quality.
How to make delicious vegan pumpkin ice cream?
Just check the following ingredients for your vegan ice cream and you will see that you could already have everything at home because each of them are already easy to get today, buying them at the supermarket or preparing them yourself. Get ready to taste an ice cream that will make you want to repeat and will leave your guests impressed.
Makes 8 servings
- 2 cups pitted dates.
- 1 liter of water.
- 2 cans full fat, unsweetened coconut milk.
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk.
- 1 can of pumpkin.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger.
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves.
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Refrigerate the coconut milk overnight to allow it to thicken.
- Bring 1 liter of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Once the water begins to boil, remove from the heat.
- Let the dates soak in the boiled water for 10 minutes.
- Drain the dates and place them in a blender with all the other ingredients.
- Process the mixture in an ice cream maker and store in the freezer.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can freeze the mixture right away, taking it out of the freezer and whisking quickly every 20 minutes until frozen. This prevents ice crystals from forming.
Quick Chocolate Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder.
- 1 tablespoon maple or agave syrup, can also be honey or liquid stevia.
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted.
- Mix the ingredients until you get a syrupy texture and place on the ice cream.
Note: This ice cream hardens very quickly in the freezer. When it’s ready to be enjoyed, just take it out of the fridge and let it thaw for about 20 minutes before serving.