Making your own vegan coconut yogurt is the best option to get your probiotic fix in a healthy way. Not only is it packed with benefits, but it’s also super easy to do. You can make it in large quantities and keep it in the fridge for about 4 to 5 days. Serve with fresh fruit, your favorite muesli, or granola mix.
How to make vegan coconut yogurt?
For 4 people
- 1 young coconut.
- 1 cup of dried coconut or fresh coconut meat.
- 1 heaping teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 2 tablespoons of liquid probiotics (you can find them in health food stores).
- Slightly open the coconut and pour the water into a pitcher. Reserve.
- Remove the meat and place it in the high speed blender.
- Add about 1/2 cup of coconut water and start mixing until you get a creamy texture. It has to be consistent.
- If the texture is too runny, add more coconut meat or some desiccated coconut. Keep mixing until it reaches a nice thick, creamy texture.
- Once you have the consistency you want, add the cinnamon powder and probiotics. Keep the mixture for a few seconds.
- Place in the refrigerator for 24 to 32 hours for fermentation.
- Enjoy with some fresh fruit, muesli, granola, or just plain.