Looking for an easy recipe to bake, delicious and healthy at the same time? This banana oat cake recipe is for everyone who likes to eat cakes without having to spend hours in the kitchen or being afraid of extra pounds, it is also ideal for those looking to take care of their health. It doesn’t contain a gram of white flour, so your waistline is happy too.
Oatmeal and banana cake without sugar or flour
The banana is a fruit with a good amount of carbohydrates, so you do not need to add artificial sweeteners, much less refined sugar. However, if you want to give it a sweeter flavor, you can do it in a healthy way using stevia, which is suitable for diabetics as well.
You could also add nuts such as almonds or some walnuts, as well as a little grated coconut in case you decide not to use any type of sweetener. Take advantage of the flavor and nutritional qualities of this oatmeal and banana cake.
Add nuts to the recipe for a naturally sweeter taste and add more vitamins and minerals to your diet.
Preparation of the oatmeal and banana cake
With no wheat flour to spoil the recipe, the sweetness of the bananas will really get noticed. The healthy oatmeal adds substance, giving this cake a deliciously rich texture.
- ½ cup of oatmeal flour (60 g).
- ½ cup of rolled oats (60 g).
- 4 ripe bananas.
- 2 tablespoons of honey (50 g).
- ½ cup of soy milk (125 ml).
- 1 tablespoon of gluten-free baking powder (15 g).
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (60 ml).
- 2 tablespoons of cream cheese (40 g).
- 1 tablespoon of butter (20 g).
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon (15 g).
- ½ tablespoon of salt (8 g).
- 3 eggs.
How to make it?
- We must take a large casserole and mix all the ingredients that are dry: we start with the cinnamon, flour, salt and the baking powder.
- Then we take another casserole or bowl and there we beat the eggs with the olive oil to get a mixture that is foamy.
- Later we will make a puree with the crushed bananas and add honey (to taste). The addition of honey can be avoided if we do not want the taste to be very sweet.
- In this step we are going to mix the banana puree with the previously beaten eggs with the cream cheese.
- Next, we are going to incorporate the dry ingredients that were previously mixed, and we integrate everything very well.
- On a cake mold we spread butter and oatmeal to prevent it from sticking.
- The next thing is to pour the previously prepared content on the mold and place it in the oven at 180 or 190 ºC for 40 or 45 minutes.
- Once it is ready, remove from the oven and let cool and then unmold.
Enjoy without guilt
Ready, we can now enjoy a delicious healthy cake that will not make us feel guilty.
Eating this delicious banana bread will probably remind you of a giant oatmeal chocolate chip cookie, but without feeling guilty about eating it.
If you want to make this oatmeal and banana cake a vegan dessert, you just have to eliminate the cream cheese and honey from the recipe and replace the egg with a little cornstarch and water.