This diet provides the benefits of weight loss based on the nutritious foods of bone broth and the dietary plan that accompanies it, with this diet you can achieve a reduction of up to 6 pounds of weight in 21 days.
This broth is part of a new diet and comes directly from New York, it was created by nutritionist and naturopath Kellyann Petrucci.
What is the bone broth diet?
The bone broth diet is not based on particular drinks or magic potions, it simply goes back to an effective old recipe, always considered to be healing and healthy: bone broth.
This diet is combined with fasting, fat-burning foods and rest days. This diet plan is effective to reduce up to 6 pounds of weight, as long as you know how to carry it and are advised.
You should not get carried away by promising diets or the figures that are published, if you really want to lose weight and do it healthily, get the information and consult with a nutritionist who will know how to guide you in your purpose.
How to make bone broth?
If you have not included bone broth in your meals, it is time to do it, its properties are incredible and it can not only help you lose weight, but also contributes greatly to our body.
Recipe for bone broth
- 2 pounds (or more) of bones from a healthy source (can be leftover chicken, duck, turkey, or goose).
- 2 chicken legs for extra gelatin (optional).
- 1 onion.
- 2 carrots.
- 2 stalks of celery.
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar.
Optional: 1 bunch of parsley, 1 tablespoon or more of sea salt, 1 teaspoon of peppercorns, additional herbs or spices to taste.
You can also add 2 cloves of garlic during the last 30 minutes of cooking. You will also need a large pot to cook the broth and a strainer to remove the pieces when done.
If you are using raw bones, you can improve the flavor by baking them for about 30 minutes.
- Next, place the bones in a large pot. Pour (filtered) water over the bones and add the vinegar. Let it sit for 20 to 30 minutes in the cold water. Acid helps make the nutrients in the bones more available.
- Chop and add the vegetables (except for the parsley and garlic, if you will be using them) to the pot. Add salt, pepper, spices or herbs, if you prefer.
- Now bring the broth to a boil. Once it has reached a good boil, reduce to a simmer and simmer until done.
- During the first hours of simmering, you will need to remove any impurities that float on the surface. A frothy layer will form and can be easily scooped out with a large spoon.
- For the last 30 minutes, add the garlic and parsley.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool slightly. Now you must strain it through a fine metal strainer to remove all the bone and vegetable pieces.
- When cool enough, store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for later use.
How to do the broth diet?
The broth diet consists of a 21-day eating plan, during which two days of a minimum fast, focused on bone broth, and five days of calorie-free intake are alternated, always respecting the advice of the nutritionist who is present. In charge of you.
During the two days of minimum fasting you can have up to six cups of broth throughout the day and, for those who wish, they can add a light snack or have a smoothie in the afternoon.
The snack should contain a dose of protein, fat, and vegetables. An ideal snack might consist of about 70-100 grams of smoked salmon, lettuce, tomatoes, and a teaspoon of olive oil.
The two days of mini fast should not always be the same during the weeks, the important thing is that they are divided by at least a couple of days of normal feeding.
As for eating during the five days of rest, it is good to eat different varieties of fat-burning foods: for example, fish, some vegetables, fruits and good fats.
Ideally, you should alternate between three full meals and two bone broth snacks on those days. See more information on the best fat burning foods.
Menu for the broth diet
Here is an example of a daily menu to be consumed during the five days off. For breakfast you can have an omelet with mushrooms and spinach or a pancake with zucchini and berries.
During lunch, the nutritionist suggests a chicken salad. An excellent alternative can be a turkey burger accompanied by vegetables, such as a cabbage salad.
For dinner you can eat meat of your choice or fish.
Foods to avoid
During the 21 days, the cereals must be eliminated, so you must give up the biscuits, French fries, pasta and rice.
Refined and processed fats and artificial sweeteners will also be excluded. Obviously, you will have to say goodbye to any type of sugar and dairy products.
Meat and fish are good only if they are fresh and not processed. Meat and legumes should also be ruled out.
Bone broth benefits
According to naturopath Kellyann Petrucci, the broth diet allows you to lose weight in a healthy way. Bone broth is very rich in gelatin, amino acids, minerals and vitamins that provide adequate nutrition for our body.
A large amount of nutrients and very few calories will allow us to lose weight without suffering hunger, but we will feel a great sensation of satiety, just like after a real meal.
In addition, these nutrients heal intestinal problems such as inflammation. The presence of some elements that make up collagen are an excellent resource for the skin: collagen is very effective against wrinkles and helps to rejuvenate the skin.